Mary Hales

     Mary Hales was born in Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire. She and her sister Agnes were daughters and coheirs of Thomas Hales (d.1520), Merchant of the Staple, of Filetts or Phyllis Court, Henley-on-Thames. She was the daughter of Thomas Hales.
Mary Hales married Sir James Hales K.B., son of John Hales and Isabel Harry.

Children of Mary Hales and Sir James Hales K.B.

Mildred Hales

(circa 1468 - )
      Their children were:
Thomas HONEYWOOD; born about 1494 of Seen near Hythe, Kent, England; married about 1519 Margaret BEDENFRELD. Died 1580.
John HONEYWOOD; born about 1496 of Seen near Hythe, Kent, England; married (1) about 1521 Jane HEYMAN, (2) Jane PARRY.
Margaret HONEYWOOD; born about 1497 of Seen near Hythe, Kent, England; married about 1519 Edward HALES.
Christopher HONEYWOOD; born about 1499 of Seen near Hythe, Kent, England; married about 1524 Anne BOURNE.
Isabelle HONEYWOOD; born about 1501 of Seen near Hythe, Kent, England; married about 1523 Christopher LASKFORD.
Bennet HONEYWOOD; born about 1503 of Seen near Hythe, Kent, England; married (1) about John DRYLANDE, (2) E. FINCH.
Mary HONEYWOOD; born about 1505 of Seen near Hythe, Kent, England; married (1) about 1527 Vincent BOYS, (2) Edmond GAYE.
Joanne HONEYWOOD; born about 1507 of Seen near Hythe, Kent. Mildred Hales was born circa 1468 in Thanington, Kent. Another page of the same web-site gives: Mildred HALES; born about 1502 of Thanington, Kent; married about 1534. She was the daughter of John Hales and Isabel Harry.
Mildred Hales married John Honeywood circa 1493 in Kent.

Nicholas Hales

      This family is descended from NICHOLAS HALES, of Hales Place, co. Kent esq., living temp. Edward III.

Children of Nicholas Hales

Sir Nicholas Hales

     Sir Nicholas Hales was the son of Nicholas Hales.

Robert Hales

(circa 1325 - 14 June 1381)
     Robert Hales was born circa 1325 in High Halden, Kent. His name also appeared as Robert de Hales and he was the son of Nicholas de Hales. He was the son of Nicholas Hales.
Robert was a knight of St John of Jerusalem, and treasurer of England.
Whilst Edward III was the ruling Monarch in England from 1312 until 1377 there was an influential family of Hales in Halden, in the Weald of Kent. During the reign of Richard II, King of England from 1367, Sir Robert Hales was also Admiral of the Fleet.
     Robert died on 14 June 1381 in London. Sir Robert was executed, together with Simon Sudbury, the Archbishop of Canterbury, on 14th June 1381 at Tower Hill during the Wat Tyler rebellion.

Thomas Hales

( - 1520)
     Thomas died in 1520. He was of Henley on Thames, Oxford.

Child of Thomas Hales

Thomas Hales

(circa 1510 - 30 November 1583)
     Thomas Hales was born circa 1510 in Thanington, Kent. He married (1) about 1541 Jane HOLLOWAY, (2) Alice EUYAS. He was the son of John Hales and Isabel Harry.
     Thomas was buried on 30 November 1583.

William Hales

(say 1520 - )
     William Hales was born say 1520 in Kent. He was of Nackington, Kent; married about 1545 Mary BOORNE. He was the son of John Hales and Isabel Harry.

Abigail Hall

(before 1715 - )
     Abigail Hall was born before 1715 in Suffolk, England.
Abigail Hall married Matthias Cocksedge, son of Matthias Cocksedge and Penelope Braham, in 1730 in St Clements, Ipswich, Suffolk. Married by licence.

Children of Abigail Hall and Matthias Cocksedge

Albert Henry Hall

(December 1840 - before 1916)
     Albert Henry Hall's birth was registered in the quarter ending in December 1840 in Kington, Herefordshire, England. He was the son of Walter Hall and Elizabeth Carleton Skarratt.
     Albert died before 1916.

Ann Hall

(circa 1568 - )
     Ann Hall was born circa 1568 in Burringham, Althorpe, Lincolnshire. Daughter of Robert Hall of Burringham..
Ann Hall married Robert Ryther, son of William Ryther and (?) Unknown.
Ann Hall married Edmund Young on 13 April 1600 in Althorpe, Lincolnshire.

Children of Ann Hall and Robert Ryther

Ann Hall

     Ann Hall married Charles Noble on 15 February 1774 in St James, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

Anne Selina Hall

(21 July 1895 - 20 June 1963)
     Anne was a teacher, Mt Hoogley, Victoria. She was born on 21 July 1895 in Talbot, Victoria. She was the daughter of Richard Hall & Frances Maria Johnson.
Anne Selina Hall married George Frederick Allan, son of John Robertson Allan and Eliza Lillian Davis, on 30 December 1919 in St Michael's, Talbot, Victoria.
     Anne died on 20 June 1963 in the Hospital, Maldon, Victoria, aged 67. She was buried after 20 June 1963 in Carisbrook.

Child of Anne Selina Hall and George Frederick Allan

Athelstan Argyle Hall

(1894 - 2 March 1963)
     Athelstan Argyle Hall was born in 1894 in South Yarra, Victoria. He was the son of Thomas Skarratt Hall and Jane Kirk.
Athelstan Argyle Hall married an unknown person in 1927 in London. The Yorkshire Post & Leeds Intelligencer on 4 Jan 1927 announced: A marriage has been arranged between A Argyll Hall, youngest son of Mrs Hall of Crick St Thomas, Somerset, and 42 Berkeley Square, and the late Mr T Skarratt Hall, of Rockhampton and Melbourne, and Nancy Armitage, only daughter of Mr & Mrs Dyson, of Hartley, Kirkburton, Yorkshire..
     Athelstan died on 2 March 1963 in Cyprus.

Betty Hall

     Betty Hall was the daughter of Walter Darcy Hall and Annie Madeleine Brook.

Charles Hall

(circa 1844 - )
     Charles Hall was born circa 1844 in Kington, Herefordshire, England. He was the son of Walter Hall and Elizabeth Carleton Skarratt.

Cicilia Hall

(say 1560 - before 14 December 1629)
     Cicilia Hall was born say 1560.
Cicilia Hall married Richard Rich (of Sheffield) on 31 May 1579 in St Peter, Sheffield, Yorkshire. Ric'us Rych & Cicileia Hall. Cicilia was present at Margaret Rich's christening on 18 March 1580/81 in Sheffield, St Peter's, YKS. Cicilia was present at Emma Rich's christening on 9 October 1584 in Sheffield, St Peter's, YKS. Cicilia was present at John Rich (of Sheffield)'s christening on 17 March 1587/88 in Sheffield, St Peter's, YKS. Cicilia was present at Thomas Rich's christening on 17 April 1590 in Sheffield, St Peter's, YKS.
     Cicilia died before 14 December 1629 in Sheffield, Yorkshire, England. She was buried on 14 December 1629 in Sheffield, St Peter's, YKS.

Children of Cicilia Hall and Richard Rich (of Sheffield)

Darcy William Hall

(1923 - 16 February 1944)
     Darcy William Hall was also known as Bill in records. He was born in 1923. He was the son of Walter Darcy Hall and Annie Madeleine Brook.
     Darcy died on 16 February 1944 in Italy. Lieutenant DARCY WILLIAM (Bill) HALL 228331, 1st Bn., Irish Guards who died age 21 on 16 February 1944
Son of Lt.-Col. Walter Darcy Hall, M.C., and Anne Madeleine Hall, of Shipton-under-Wychwood, Oxfordshire. Remembered with honour NAPLES WAR CEMETERY
Grave/Memorial Reference: II. R. 16.

Dora Maryon Wesley Hall

(15 December 1891 - 5 May 1948)
     Dora was nick-named Dodo. She was born on 15 December 1891 in 'Ellerslie', Toorak, Victoria. She was the daughter of James Wesley Hall and Mary Frederica Dora Dempster.
     Dora Maryon Wesley Hall and Lt Col, Hon George Henry Morris were engaged in January 1913. Major the Hon. George Henry Morris, Irish Guards, whose engagement to Miss Dora Wesley Hall is announced, is the younger son of the late Lord Killanin, a former Lord Chief Justice of Ireland and brother and heir presumptive of the present peer. Major Morris, who is in his 41st year, entered the army in 1892. He served with the Tochi Field Force on the North West Frontier, India, during 1897-8, for which he has the medal with clasp; and in 1902 saw active service in the South African War, being mentioned in dispatches and receiving the medal with four clasps. His brother Lord Killanin, was born in 1867, and is still a bachelor.
Dora Maryon Wesley Hall married Lt Col, Hon George Henry Morris on 29 April 1913 in Roman Catholic Cathedral, Westminster, Middlesex, England.
Dora Maryon Wesley Hall married Lt Col Gerard Prideaux Tharp as her second husband, on 12 March 1918 in St James, Piccadilly, London, England. The marriage took place very quietly at St James church, Piccadilly, on Tuesday March 12, between Major Gerard Tharp, Rifle Brigade, General Staff, son of the late Horace Neville Tharp, of Crossmaglen, county Armagh, and Dora, widow of Lieutenant-Colonel the Hon. George Morris, Irish Guards, and daughter of the late James Wesley Hall, of Melbourne.
     Dora resided at 4 Lancaster Gate Terrace, London.
     Dora resided at Ferring, Sussex and at 15 Gt Cumberland Place, London, England, 1928.
     Dora died on 5 May 1948 in Chippenham, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 56. Mrs Gerard Tharp, widow of Lieutenant Colonel Gerard Prideaux Tharp, DL, JP, died at her home near Ely in Cambridgeshire, yesterday. She was Dora Maryan, second daughter of James Wesley Hall, of Melbourne, Australia, and was twice married. Her first marriage took place in 1913 to Lt Col the Hon. Georg Henry Morris, the second son of the first Lord Killanin, a lord of appeal in ordinary from 1889 to 1900. Lt Col Morris was killed in action at Villers Cotterets less than a month after the outbreak of war in 1914, leaving a son who succeeded his uncle in the family honours in 1927. After some four years of widowhood she married Lt Col Gerard Tharp, who died in 1934. There were two children of the second marriage, a son and a daughter. The son, Pilot Officer John Tharp was killed in action in North Africa in 1943 and the daughter, Mrs Mary Phillipa Tharp, survives her mother. Mrs Tharp played a prominent part in local affairs in Cambridgeshire, have been elected to the county council in 1934 and appointed a JP in 1939. From 1935 to 1946 she was chairman of the Cambridgeshire Women's Conservative Association, and for the whole of the period of the a1939-1945 war and for some 12 months afterward was county organizer for the WVS.

Child of Dora Maryon Wesley Hall and Lt Col, Hon George Henry Morris

Children of Dora Maryon Wesley Hall and Lt Col Gerard Prideaux Tharp

Edward Hall

     Edward Hall married Emily Whiting, daughter of Samuel Whiting and Mary Unknown, on 21 April 1854 in Drinkstone, Suffolk.

Edward Thomas Hall

(10 May 1924 - 11 August 2001)
     Edward Thomas Hall was also known as Teddy in records. He was born on 10 May 1924 in London. See: He was the son of Walter Darcy Hall and Annie Madeleine Brook.
     Edward died on 11 August 2001 in Oxford, Oxfordshire, aged 77. He married Jennifer De La Harpe and two sons: Bill & Martin.

Elilzabeth Ricketts Hall

(18 May 1829 - )
     Elilzabeth Ricketts Hall was born on 18 May 1829 in Kington, Herefordshire, England. She was baptised at the Lower Chapel, Particular Baptists. She was the daughter of Walter Hall and Elizabeth Carleton Skarratt.

Elizabeth Hall

(before April 1859 - before 18 January 1915)
     Elizabeth Hall was born before April 1859 in Isleworth, Middlesex, England.
Elizabeth Hall married William Henry Wafford, son of William Wafford and Emma Broomhead, on 19 December 1880 in St Saviour, St Pancras, London.
     Elizabeth Hall and William Henry Wafford were recorded on the 1881 census in 33 Ernest Street, St Pancras. William H Wafford aged 22, born Marylebone, artist on stained glass with his wife Elizabeth aged 22, born Isleworth, Mdx.
     Elizabeth Hall and William Henry Wafford were recorded on the 1891 census in 59 College Place, Camden Town. William Henry Wafford, 32, painter on glass, born Marylebone; his wife Elizabeth 31, born Hounslow?, children Frank 8, William 5, both born in Pancras; living in 2 rooms.
     Elizabeth Hall and William Henry Wafford were recorded on the 1901 census in 162 London Rd, Islington, London. William H Wafford, head, 42, married. stained glass painter born Marylebone, his wife Elizabeth 42, born Hounslow, and children William 18, Fret Lead glazier painter, Frank 15, office boy ppst, Elizabeth M, 8, all born at St Pancras.
     Elizabeth's death was registered in the quarter ending before 18 January 1915 in Islington RD, Middlesex. She was buried on 18 January 1915 in the cemetery, Islington.

Children of Elizabeth Hall and William Henry Wafford

Florence Mildred Georgena Canning Hall

(15 November 1894 - 28 April 1970)
     Florence Mildred Georgena Canning Hall was commonly known as Georgena or Ena. She was born on 15 November 1894 in London, England. She was the daughter of James Wesley Hall and Mary Frederica Dora Dempster. Florence Mildred Georgena Canning Hall was christened on 19 January 1895 in Westminster Abbey, London.
     Florence Mildred Georgena Canning Hall was engaged in May 1916. Forthcoming marriages: A marriage has been arranged, and will shortly take place, between Charles Edward Dunscomb Bridge, Captain, Royal Artillery, son of Brigadier-General Charles H Bridge, CB, CMG, Inspector of Remounts, and Mrs Bridge, Ballinaboye, Reading, and Florence Mildred Georgena Canning, youngest daughter of the James Wesley Hall, of Melbourne, Australia, and stepdaughter of the Mrs Wesley Hall, Berkeley House, Hay Hill, W.
Florence Mildred Georgena Canning Hall married Charles Edward Dunscomb Bridge on 10 October 1916 in St Martin in the Fields, Westminster, London. The marriage took place yesterday at St Martin-in-the-Fields of Captain Charles Bridge, Royal Artillery, only son of Brigadier General Sir Charles and Lady Bridge, of Ballinaboye, Reading, and Miss Wesley Hall, daughter of the late Mr James Wesley Hall of Melbourne, and Mrs Wesley Hall, 25 Chapel Street, Belgrave-square. The bride was given away by her uncle Colonel F W Dawson and Mr Russell Keigwin was best man. Among those present were: Lay [Admiral Sir?] (Cyprian) Bridge, Brigadier General Sir Charles & Lady Bridge, Commander and Mrs (Cyprian) Bridge, Miss Bridge, Mr and Mrs John Bridge, Mrs & Mrs Dunstan Bridge, Mrs Wesley hall, the Hon. Mrs Dennis and Miss Dennis, Dr & Mrs Appleford, Surgeon General Donovan, Mrs & Mrs C Browne, Miss Spring Rice, Mr F Robertson, R P A & Mrs Robertson, Mrs J Lamont, Mrs T Pym, Mrs Harold Hall, Mrs Hammond Clege, the Hon. Mrs G Morris, Mrs J L Philips, Mr & Mrs C Theobald, Mr E T Tatham, Mrs Tillear Tatham, Mr Quilter Harvey, Mrs Delmore Williams, Mrs Douglas Reid, Mrs E Padwick, and Mr Johnson Smith.
     Florence resided at the Embassy, Washington, DC, USA, 1922.
     Florence resided at Glele? House, 9 Stanhope St, Hyde Park, London, Westminster, 1922.
     Florence resided at Church Farm House, Chippenham, Cambridgeshire, England, December 1941.
     Florence resided at Kenya, until 1954.
     Florence resided at 177 Cranmer Court, Sloane Ave, London, England, from 1967.
     Florence died of lung cancer, heart problems and kidney failure on 28 April 1970 in London, St Marylebone RD, England, aged 75.

Children of Florence Mildred Georgena Canning Hall and Charles Edward Dunscomb Bridge

Frederick Baines Hall

(June 1847 - 9 February 1932)
     Frederick Baines Hall's birth was registered in the quarter ending in June 1847 in Kington, Herefordshire, England. He was the son of Walter Hall and Elizabeth Carleton Skarratt.
Frederick Baines Hall married Helena Isa Jane Pattison on 18 May 1885 in Queensland.
     Frederick died on 9 February 1932 in Queensland aged 84.

Harold Wesley Hall

(1889 - )
     Harold Wesley Hall was born in 1889 in South Yarra, Victoria. He was the son of Thomas Skarratt Hall and Jane Kirk.
     Harold Wesley Hall was recorded on the 1911 census in Aldershot, Surrey. Harold Wesley hall, 2nd Lt, aged 21, single born Australia. 1St Cavalry Brigade, 2nd Dragoon Guards, (Queens Bays) Wellington Lines, Aldershot.
     Harold Wesley Hall was engaged on 1 August 1914. ENGAGEMENTS. Captain Harold Wesley Hall (Queen's Bays), eldest son of the late Mr. Thomas Skarratt Hall and Mrs. T. S. Hall, Weeting Hall, Norfolk, England, and Doris Goodalll, eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Hammond Clegg, Melbourne.
Harold Wesley Hall married Doris Goodall Clegg on 8 August 1914 in Aldershot, Surrey.
     Harold's death was registered in the quarter ending in June 1974 in New Forest, Hampshire, England.

James Wesley Hall

(22 February 1839 - 7 January 1901)
     James Wesley Hall's birth was registered in the quarter ending on 22 February 1839 in Kington, Herefordshire, England. He was the son of Walter Hall and Elizabeth Carleton Skarratt. Walter, James and Thomas were listed as the children of Walter Hall in the 1851 census in Hengest Mill, Kington, Herefordshire, England.
     James Wesley Hall arrived per "?" On 14 February 1852 at Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Walter Russell, Thomas Skarratt & James Wesley Hall arrived with little money and moved to Victoria..
He was educated at the University of Sydney. With his brother Thomas Skarrat Hall, a member of syndicate which purchased Mt Morgan mine, appointed manager, invented dry chlorination process, held shares in mining properties New England district; director Goldsborough Mort & Co., member Qld Colonists Assn., supported many charities. James was the first General Manager (afterwards Managing Director) of the gold mine from September 1884 until December 1891 between 1884 and 1891, Mt Morgan, Queensland.
In 1889, James Wesley Hall, the first Mine Manager of the Mount Morgan Gold Mining Company Limited (1882 - Dec.1891), and Mount Morgan's first Mayor (1890), donated the funds required for the erection of St Mary's Church of England, in Gordon Street, Mount Morgan. The great benefactor of St Mary's Church was James Wesley Hall. Wesley Hall was the first Mine Manager of the Mount Morgan Gold Mining Company Limited from 1882 until he resigned in December 1891. He was also a brother to the Mine's other influential Hall brothers, Thomas and Walter. Wesley Hall also took an interest in Mount Morgan township in 1890 when he became Mayor of the first Town Council, as well as instrumental in instituting in 1895 the symbol of Central Queensland soccer - the Wesley Hall Cup - a challenge trophy for the Central Queensland British Football Association. With Wesley Hall's resignation from the Mine in 1891, the first phase of the Mount Morgan Company's history has been said to have ended: He had guided it through its formative years with skill and dedication until it achieved fame as the richest single gold mine in the world. Unlike his two brothers [Walter Russell & Thomas Skarratt Hall] who "dabbled" in mining, Wesley Hall was an experienced practical miner. He was responsible for building the Lower and Top Works which increased gold extractions to ninety-eight per cent. The Top works were probably the largest of their kind in the world at the time, so his pride in the mine was justified. Though resigned as Manager, Wesley Hall still maintained an interest in the Mine as one of the Company's Board members. With his death in 1901, his position on the Board was replaced by Kelso King.
James Wesley Hall married Mary Frederica Dora Dempster, daughter of William Dempster and Margaret Herbert Davies, on 10 July 1889 in Holy Trinity church, Williamstown, Victoria, Australia.
James Wesley Hall and Mary Frederica Dora Dempster emigrated from Melbourne in March 1893 to London, England. Her father wrote on March 14 1893 My dear Dora, A few last words before you finally depart. Your telegram confirmed ... impressions of your ... to Adelaide. It is nice to have such a good beginning to a voyage enabling you to ... and to know people before they disappear from the scene for a time longer or shorter as the case may be. Your going has left a great hole which it does not seem possible to fill but appearances are well maintained but there are torn hearts beneath them. I must now introduce you to my people. Rob is a round ball of a fellow who had had to give up tennis on account of the rotundity. He is a straight out sort of fellow. Very ... and the enemy of humbug & a firm believer in his wife who I fancy you will like. Katie and Annie two daughters are with them. The former being a good little mother to two grandchildren, double orphans. Rose the mother died just after they left India and Frank Hebbert not long after her. Mary and her husband Capt. Dawson are home from India for a year or two. The latter a son of General Dawson, late of India, and now retired in England. And there you have them all except for offshoots. Robert's address is Glenthorn Rd, Guildford, about 20 miles from London. I am sending your portraits on so that they may know what they have to expect. The carrier has just brought the cargo of logs and there is to be a grand ... Tell Maimee that Clara Kelly is to have her boat and I expect she will cherish it jealously. One more goodbye, God bless and keep you all, Your loving father.

A letter dated March 14 1894 from her mother reads: My darling Dora, I am sending with this some cuttings relative to George Canning and his death also one or two letters of his. One written to his brother in which he accepts the sponsorship of my dear mother (his niece) and another written to his brother's wife (nee Dora Ashby) my mother's mother, relative to a likeness of her husband which as the only one extant she had sent George Canning but which he graciously refuses to deprive her of. They are of great value in consequence of their age and memories associated with them. Although of perhaps no monetary value and I beg you to take care of them for that reason darling. We have this moment received two nice letters from you and dear old Daisy. The girls are packing the few remaining things also a thin blouse that May has made for Das for the ... ... Mrs Roberts is going with the girls to the University concert and dance on Saturday evening. We were up at the Roberts last evening and didn't we talk about you dear. Mrs Parker says you more ... beloved by high and low ... and from ... any ...... I am sorry dear baby is still a wee bit ailing, kiss her for me and alike for Maimee. Tell her I shall go down to the beach just to think of her as I said to her ... see her playing there & with dearest love to you dear, Das, Wesley and the chicks, Believe me your ever loving mother..
     James resided at 'Oma', Boundary Rd, Toorak, 1896. He applied for a patent with George Anderson Richard of Mt Morgan, for an improved steam shovel, principally for emptying and filing leaching and lixiviation vats used in metallurgical and similar operations. 3 Dec 1896.
The Williamstown chronicle reported on 18 July 1896: Mr Wesley Hall has taken Mr James Grice's residence 'Oma" Boundary Road, Toorak, where Miss Daisy Dempster will dispense hospitality on his account.
     James Wesley Hall and Margaret Kate Lillian Dempster were engaged circa 1898 in Toorak, Victoria. The engagement is announced of Mr J Wesley Hall, 'Oma', Toorak, to Miss Daisy Dempster, sister of Mrs Arthur F Hooper, "Enmore", Wallace Street, Toorak.
     James Wesley Hall made a will dated 5 December 1898 in 'Oma', Toorak, Victoria. His will appoints Walter Russell Hall, Kelso King & Arthur Frederick Hooper as executors and mentions his wife, Louisa Sarah the wife of his deceased brother Albert Henry Hall of Portishead, Somerset; Alfred Cadell; his sisters in law Georgia Frances May Dempster, Maria Huon Dempster and Fannie Madeline Elma, the wife of A F Hooper, 1000 shares each in the Mt Morgan Gold Mining Company; his cousin Thomas Carleton Skarratt £500; others; his uncle Thomas Carleton Skarrat of Kington, Hereford £200 annuity; £1000 p.a; for each of his children until 21 or marriage....
James Wesley Hall married secondly Margaret Kate Lillian Dempster on 5 December 1898 in 'Oma', Boundary Rd, Toorak, Victoria. The marriage of Mr J Wesley Hall, of "Oma," Toorak, and Miss Daisy Dempster, fourth daughter of the late William Dempster, of "Stratford," Bruce-street, Toorak, was celebrated on Monday, 5th December at 2.30. The ceremony, which took place in the large drawing room at "'Oma" was performed by the Rev Dr Bevan, L.L.D., D.D., in the presence of the relations of the bride and bridegroom and about forty' old friends of the two families. The guests were received in the vestibule, which was beautifully decorated with palms and' pink carnations by Mrs Arthur Hooper, sister of the bride. They then passed on to the drawing room. to await the arrival of the bride. The large bow window and the end of the long room had been exquisitely arranged with white trellis work as a chancel, where the ceremony was performed. White wicker screens were daintily arranged with garlands of white roses, sweet pea and orange blossom, from which baskets of white water lilies and asparagus fern were suspended, while the whole room was garlanded with white trails and the mirrors were draped with white silk and banked up with water lilies. The presents were arranged in the dining-room on the Grand piano, which had been covered with the train of the bride's white brocade gown worn on her presentation, at court. At 2.30 the bride drove from her sister's, "Enmore, " Toorak: accompanied by her brother-in-law. Mr Arthur Hooper, who afterwards gave her away. She was received in the entrance hall by her three little nieces, the Misses Maimee, Dora, and Ena Wesley Hall, who acted as bridesmaids, daintily frocked in ivory mousseline de sole, over white satin, quaint Josephine bonnets of white lisse were worn, with half handkerchief crowns of lace and white plumes. Master Ashby Hooper, nephew of the bride, was as a page, dressed in a suit of ivory corded silk, with beautiful Limerick lace collar and Napoleon hat of ivory silk. The bride, who looked very dainty in her exquisite wedding gown, made a pretty picture as she entered the drawing room, followed by her four tiny attendants. Her gown was of ivory corded silk cut en princess, and trimmed from shoulder to hem with beautiful lace, the design outlined with tiny bebe ribbon, and the bodice softened with finely tucked chiffon; she also wore some old family pearls which had been worn by her great grandmother at her own wedding and by the bride on her presentation at court; also a white picture hat, trimmed with white plumes and Renaissance applique. The wedding handkerchief, of beautiful Limerick lace, was the gift of her cousin, Lady Garvagh. Sir William Zeal acted as best man, and at the conclusion of the ceremony, while the wedding party were signing the register, the little bridesmaids and page distributed wedding favours of pink flowers, with W. and D. entwined, carried out in pink twisted silk. The wedding repast was set out in the dining room, which was decorated entirely with La France roses their wonderful scent filling the handsome room. Roses were everywhere - in the huge silver cup, on the overmantel in large baskets, in half-open trellis-work hampers ; everywhere these magnificent blooms caught and held the eye. The decorations, entrusted to Ronalds were truly unique and without doubt the most perfect of the season, especially when the scarcity of' flowers is taken into consideration. The Rev. Dr. Bevan proposed the health of the happy pair, and shortly afterwards the bride and bridegroom left for Ballarat amid showers of rose leaves. The bride travelled in a gown of heliotrope voile, over silk, the. skirt appliqued with ivory one, of the new coat bodices of applique over heliotrope and a smart hat to correspond. Mrs Arthur Hooper wore an elegant gown of' palest grey brocade, with trimmings of grey chiffon and cut steel buckles; hat of drawn grey chiffon and white wings. Miss Dempster silver grey faille, white skirt flounces of white crepe de chine, headed with ivory applique; bodice of the same; hat of silver grey tulle and plumes. Miss Malla Dempster- white cashmere, the whole skirt handsomely appliqued with white satin ; small French hat of white tulle and ostrich tips. The bridesmaids carried bouquets of pink carnations tied with pink ribbons and wore their presents from the bride groom, which consisted of turquoise and pearl pendants in the form of a daisy. The bridegroom's gift to Mrs Hooper was a diamond and turquoise cluster ring, to Miss May Dempster a diamond and turquoise marquise ring, and to Miss Malla Dempster a gold pendant watch set with a daisy in turquoises and pearls, and fastened with a pearl and turquoise brooch.
     James died on 7 January 1901 in Toorak, Victoria, aged 61. "For the last four years has rented Oma, Mr James Grice's house in Boundary Rd, Malvern where he died at half past five on Monday morning in his 60th year."
The Leaderr reported: THE LATE JAMES WESLEY HALL.
The late Mr. James Wesley Hall, who died at Toorak on Monday last, was the original manager and one of the original share-holders in the great Mount Morgan mine, Queensland and a notable man. He was born at Kingston, Herefordshire in 1839. Coming to Australia over 40 years ago, with his two brothers, he gained his knowledge of mining and mining engineering at Sydney University. He was engaged for many years, tin mining in the New England district pf New South Wales, and altogether his mining career extended over more than 30 years. At the time of the discovery of the famous Mount Morgan mine his brothers, who were financially interested, sent him to manage it, and it was while acting as manager that he invented the celebrated dry chlorination process, which is in operation on the property now— a process of which the late Mr. Wesley Hall held the Queensland patent. When he started managing the mine, he erected five head of stampers; now tle mine employs over 2000 men, and has an output of something like £1,000,000 : per annum. In his personal character the late Mr. Wesley Hall was a very lovable man; and his kindnesses are as unnumbered as they are unknown, for he was one of those rare men; - who "do good by stealth and blush to find it fame." He was practically the provider of the charities in Mount Morgan and the district, while Melbourne came in for a considerable share of the large amount of money, he annually devoted to deserving objects. Mr. Wesley 'Hall was twice married; and leaves; three daughters (by his first wife) and a widow. He was a director of Goldsbrough. Mort and Co. and a member of the Old Colonists' Association, to whose funds: he liberally contributed.

The Evening news (Sydney) 8 Jan 1001 reported: DEATH OF MR. JAMES WESLEY HALL.
Mr. James Wesley Hall died yesterday at his residence, 'Oma.' Toorak, Melbourne, In his 62nd year. Mr. Hall was the first general manager of the Mount Morgan Gold Mining Company, and laid down the principle for the treatment of ore, and generally for the management of the company, which is the largest gold mining company in the world, and pays enormous dividends. He retired from the active management of the company some eight years ago, and visited England. On his return he took up his residence at Melbourne. At the time of his death Mr. Hall was a director of the company mentioned, also a director of Goldsbrough, Mort, and Company, and of several other well-known companies. He leaves a widow and three daughters. Mr. Walter R. Hall of 'Wildfell,' Pott's Point, and Mr. T. S. Hall, of London, were brothers of the deceased.
Clarence and Richmond Examiner
12 Jan 1901 ewpoered: Mr. J. "Wesley Hall. The day before yesterday this gentleman died in Melbourne. For many years he was the general manager of the Mount Morgan
mine, and was, at the same time, a large shareholder. Thirty years ago he had a watchmaker's shop-in George-street, which returned him a moderate "income. And at that time he was a member" of the choir of the York-street Wesleyan Church. He had a splendid bass voice, and his singing was greatly enjoyed by the congregation. Having made "two or three small successful speculations in mines, he gave up his shop and went into the speculative business exclusively. He had many ups and downs, and when the Mount Morgan property was secured by his brothers and one or two other speculators, he was in low water financially. Being appointed manager of the mine he got into the track that led to fortune. When he retired a few years ago he was probably worth about a quarter of a million of money, and it is supposed that he did not decrease the amount in the interim. At his place in Toorak he used, at the instance of his wife, to not enjoy these functions ; nor did his guests enjoy his company, for he had very little refinement of character. In no public or charitable movement of any kind did he take any part, and consequently his death cannot
be regarded as a loss to the community.
. He was buried on 9 January 1901 in Boroondara cemetery, grave 68, Kew, Victoria.
     His will was proved on 22 June 1901 at London. James Wesley Hall of 'Oma' Boundary-road Toorak Victoria gentleman died 7 January 1901 at Melbourne. Probate Melbourne to Walter Russell Hall, Kelso King & Arthur Frederick Hooper esquires. Sealed London 22 Jun. Effects £975 in England.

Children of James Wesley Hall and Mary Frederica Dora Dempster

John Hall

(circa 1723 - )
     John Hall was born circa 1723 in Penistone, Yorkshire.
John Hall married Ann Rich, daughter of Amor Rich and Martha Halliwell, on 4 December 1746 in Cawthorne, Yorkshire. John Hall of Rodmoor Yate in the parish of Penistone & Anne Rich of this parish by licence from Mr Clarkson, vicar of Silkstone, married by Thos Loxley. They were both aged 23 according to the marriage bond. They left no issue. John Hall was widowed on 15 June 1747 on the death of his wife Ann Rich.

Martha Hall

     Martha Hall married Samuel Milnes on 17 October 1803 in St Peter's, Huddersfield, Yorkshire.

Children of Martha Hall and Samuel Milnes

Mary Ann Hall

(3 April 1833 - )
     Mary Ann Hall was born on 3 April 1833 in Kington, Herefordshire, England. She wa baptised at the Particular Baptist chapel. She was the daughter of Walter Hall and Elizabeth Carleton Skarratt.