Campsall Hall was owned by the Bacon Frabnk family who first acquired the estate in the 17th century (will of Richard frank proved 13 Feb 1661 settled estate upon his grandson). In 1828 the hall was in the hands of a tenant Sir Joseph Radcliffe, Bart. Subsequently Franks lived there adnd the last one to occupy the Hall, Mrs Bacon Frank, died in the early 1840s. The Hall was then turned into flats. The whole estate was then sold in 1971. The BaconFrank papers are in the custody of the Archive Department of Sheffield City Libraries.