Repositories: The parish registers of St Mary C1650-1952, M1569-1974, B1560-1924 are held at Wakefield, on fiche at Society of Genealogists & York CL., transcripts at Barnsley Library, Leeds CL, York CL. BTs 1600-1831 at Borthwick. St George's began in 1832 (Wakefield), St John the Baptist at began 1858 - still with incumbent. Other Anglican churches start late. The Ebenezer chapel has baptisms and burials from 1785-18030/37 at the PRO, Methodists 1797-1837 at PRO, Primitive Methodist 1822-37 PRO, Salem chapel 1818-1837 PRO, Wesleyan chapel, Westagate 1707-1836 at PRO. See The Whereabouts of Yorkshire parish registers for full details.