Killeigh RC parish is made up of the civil parishes of Geashill and Ballyken. Both denominatins have been indexed by the Offaly HIstorical Society. Te RC records begin in 1844, marriages cover the late 1850s and from 1876. There are no RC death records. There were 3 RC churches in the parish with their own registers abut they been collated. Church of Ireland records for Geashill begin in 1713. Killeigh registers begin in 1835, but a typescdript for 1808-1823 baptism, to 1832 marriages and to 1835 deaths exists. There was a Methodist ch;urch attached to the Tullamore Circuit. Methodism was strong in the Gourteen area. where they had their own meeting house and school built about 1800. by Samuel Clay.