William MacKenzie

(say 1750 - )
     William MacKenzie was also known as Riach in records. William MacKenzie was also known as Rioch in records. He was born say 1750 in Portleich, Kilmuir Easter. Prof. W.J. Watson's - 'Place Names of Ross and Cromarty' gives: Barbaraville-G. an cladach, the shore; its east end is Portlich, G. port fhlich (loc.), the wet port - there being no proper place for landing..
     As there were three contemporary William MacKenzies alias Rioch in Portlich our research pauses here until further records become available to determine which William was our ancestor.
William & John McKenzie witnessed the baptism of the child of William McKenzie, fisherman in Portlich and Ann McKenzie his spouse on Dec 3 1785, the child was born 28 Nov? He is too old to be listed in the 1814 militia lists for either Cromarty or Kilmuir Easter.
Kilmuir Easter's population in 1755 was 1095, increasing to 1703 by 1801. The Portlich area is now known as Barbaraville.
     William MacKenzie married Christian MacKenzie, daughter of John MacKenzie and Isobel Young, before 1774. William was a fisher from 1774, in Kilmuir Easter. Mowat, in Easter Ross states that in the eighteenth century the fishing industry in Easter Ross was a primitive affair. The fishers were scattered in small communities all the way along the shores of the firths and concentrated upon inshore fishing, rarely venturing more than a few miles off shore and often relying on the shoals making their way into the inner firths. White fish, herring and salmon were all plentiful and were pursued within these limits but herring, possibly the most important of these, could not be relied upon to re-appear yearly at the same spot, and such uncertainty combined with the fishers' inability to pursue the fish at any distance made the growth of a stable and prosperous fishing community more difficult. The fishermen based in the Cromarty Firth seem to have been particularly timid - partly, at least, because the easy availability of fish within the sheltered waters of the firth prior to 1774 had made it unnecessary to learn to face the rougher conditions out in the Moray Firth - while those from Tarbat and Fearn were rather more willing to venture from home waters to secure a catch. With the exceptions of Avoch and Cromarty the fishing hamlets were all very small. The standard boat was a low, open, clinker-built craft about 26 feet long, sometimes with two big square sails, but often relying solely on oars for propulsion. It was easily beached and harbours were not necessary. Those at Hilton in 1781 were manned by only 5 men, while some of the smaller boats from Tarbat which were only occasionally used for fishing were manned by no more than two or three. Fisher families tended to live in closed communities. As late as 1842 it could be said that intermarriages with the rural population are very uncommon; and it is seldom that the children deviate from the perilous craft of their fathers. They are characterized by peculiar notions and practices; and they have a certain feudal spirit, or pride of order, which tends to preserve them as a separate community.
In Easter Ross proper the industry was financed by the landlords. Fishing was rarely a full-time occupation. Agricultural services - providing shearers, making hay and carrying peats - were exacted and most fishers had crofts to supplement their winnings from the sea. Some fishers used their boats for freighting lime and peats for a good part of the year.
Another attempt to promote the industry was made by the Commissioners of Forfeited Estates who settled ex-sailors at Newtarbat, intending that they should become fishermen. The boats that the Commissioners supplied, however, were too small and the sailors soon gave up and left the area along with the rest of the proposed colony.
The end of the Napoleonic wars meant that the fear of press gangs was considerably reduced, while the introduction of a four shilling per barrel bounty in 1815 encouraged the growth of many herring fishing stations around the Moray Firth. Several good seasons led a company to set up business in Cromarty in 1819 on a larger scale than ever before. Within three years Cromarty rose to become the eighth largest centre for herring curing in Britain. By 1824 twenty thousand barrels of herring were being exported and two years later it was reported that two hundred women were employed in cleaning and salting the fish and that twenty-nine masted vessels lay in the firth waiting to carry away the finished product. While Cromarty was the greatest success story, there was a general increase in activity in this period and several fishing villages were encouraged by the construction of harbours.
Over most of the area, however, the boom was short-lived. Although the fishing industry in Scotland as a whole survived the end of the bounty system in 1830, the villages on the Cromarty Firth were badly hit, for the cessation of bounty payments coincided with the disappearance of the herring from the immediate environs of the Firth. While large shoals of herring were still to be found on the Guilliam Banks in the Moray Firth, directly opposite Cromarty, these were inaccessible to fishermen who had been accustomed to venture no further than ten or twelve miles out into the open sea. Their boats were not constructed to enable them to go fifty miles to sea and return with fish in a curable condition, even if it had been profitable for them to do so, and the profitability of the industry suffered with the decline in fish prices. The fishermen of Nigg who had made profits of twenty pounds and more in good seasons while the herring boom lasted had neglected the ordinary fishing and run up debts. When the boom collapsed they were left in poverty. As late as 1843 Cromarty fishers were still attempting to catch herring but with almost no success, although at that time the harbour was being used by larger French boats which were able to cure the fish on board.
Another attempt to promote the industry was made by the Commissioners of Forfeited Estates who settled ex-sailors at Newtarbat, intending that they should become fishermen. The boats that the Commissioners supplied, however, were too small and the sailors soon gave up and left the area along with the rest of the proposed colony
.
     William MacKenzie was employed He may have turned to masonry when Tarbat House was rebuilt from 1787 in 1787.

Children of William MacKenzie and Christian MacKenzie

William MacKenzie

(3 February 1864 - 8 April 1864)
     William MacKenzie was born on 3 February 1864 in Port Albert, Victoria. BIRTH. On the 3rd instant, at Port Albert, the wife of Donald T. McKenzie of a son.. He was the son of Donald Thomson MacKenzie and Mary Ann Hodgson.
     William died aged 5 weeks on 8 April 1864 in Port Albert, Victoria.

William MacKenzie

(20 September 1863 - 8 August 1941)
     William MacKenzie was also known as William Bannans in records. William was nick-named 'Black' Bill. He was born on 20 September 1863 at 3 p.m. in Cromarty, Ross & Cromarty, Scotland. He was the son of John MacKenzie and Catherine Ferguson.
     William immigrated with the family to Victoria, Australia, in December 1870 per "Great Britain". William was a farmer.
     William MacKenzie married Mary Appleyard on 25 June 1892 in Carlton, Victoria.
     William and Mary were registered at Won Wron, on the between 1908 and 1912 electoral roll. William MacKenzie was an executor of John MacKenzie's estate on 8 September 1915 in Victoria.
     William was registered as William Bannans McKenzie, farmer at Yarram, on the 1931 electoral roll.
     William died of senility on 8 August 1941 in Gippsland Hospital, Sale, Victoria, aged 77. He was a widower and his usual residence was Traralgon. He was buried after 8 August 1941 in Yarram.

Children of William MacKenzie and Mary Appleyard

William MacKenzie

(31 May 1850 - before 1855)
     William MacKenzie was born on 31 May 1850 in Cromarty, Ross & Cromarty, Scotland. He was the son of Donald MacKenzie and Margaret Holm. William MacKenzie was christened on 23 June 1850 in Cromarty. Alexander and William were listed as the children of Donald MacKenzie in the 1851 census in Calrossie Street, Cromarty.
     William died before 1855 in Cromarty, ROC, SCT.

William MacKenzie

(26 June 1855 - )
     William MacKenzie was born on 26 June 1855 in Cromarty, Ross & Cromarty, Scotland. He was the son of Donald MacKenzie and Margaret Holm. Alexander, Ann, William, James and John were listed as the children of Donald MacKenzie in the 1861 census in 5 Barclay Lane, Cromarty. William, John and Catherine were listed as the children of Donald MacKenzie in the 1871 census in 5 Barclays Lane, Cromarty, Ross & Cromarty.

William MacKenzie

(August 1893 - 10 September 1893)
     William MacKenzie was born in August 1893 in Fitzroy, Victoria. He was the son of William MacKenzie and Mary Appleyard.
     William died on 10 September 1893 in 34 Moor Street, Fitzroy, Victoria. He was buried in Melbourne General Cemetery. He was in an unmarked grave, section 0.

William MacKenzie

(before 1735 - )
     William MacKenzie was born before 1735 in Kilmuir Easter, Ross & Cromarty, Scotland.
     William MacKenzie married Anna MacKenzie. William was a fisher in 1755, in Kilmuir Easter.

Child of William MacKenzie and Anna MacKenzie

William MacKenzie

(before 1755 - )
     William MacKenzie was also known as Rioch in records. He was born before 1755 in Kilmuir Easter, Ross & Cromarty, Scotland. William was a fisher, in Kilmuir Easter, ROC, SCT.
     William MacKenzie married Lillias Munro.

Children of William MacKenzie and Lillias Munro

William MacKenzie

(27 August 1788 - )
     William MacKenzie was born on 27 August 1788 in Portleich, Kilmuir Easter, Ross & Cromarty, Scotland. He was the son of John MacKenzie and Christian MacKenzie. William MacKenzie was christened on 30 August 1788 in Kilmuir Easter. He and William MacKenzie and John MacKenzie were mentioned in the 10 September 1814 militia list in Portlich, Kilmuir Easter, ROC, with John MacKenzie and John MacKenzie. At Portlich there were 2 McKenzies over 30 and John & William McKenzie, both masons aged under 30.

William MacKenzie

(13 July 1793 - )
     William MacKenzie was born on 13 July 1793 in Portleich, Kilmuir Easter, Ross & Cromarty, Scotland. He was the son of William MacKenzie jr and Ann MacKenzie. William MacKenzie was christened on 15 July 1793 in Kilmuir Easter. He and William MacKenzie and John MacKenzie were mentioned in the 10 September 1814 militia list in Portlich, Kilmuir Easter, ROC, with John MacKenzie and John MacKenzie. At Portlich there were 2 McKenzies over 30 and John & William McKenzie, both masons aged under 30.
     William MacKenzie appeared on the 1841 census in Kilmuir Easter, Ross & Cromarty. IHe may be: William McKenzie, 45, farmer, Isabella Mckenzie, 45, Isabella 10, Wm 9 and Ann 6.

William MacKenzie

(between 1884 and 1890 - 14 January 1966)
     William MacKenzie was born between 1884 and 1890 in Scotland. He was the son of James MacKenzie and Anne Mackay.
     William died on 14 January 1966 in Christchurch, New Zealand. He was buried in Bromley cemetery, Christchurch.

William MacKenzie

(16 December 1799 - )
     William MacKenzie was born on 16 December 1799 in Kilmuir Easter, Ross & Cromarty. He was the son of John MacKenzie and Jean Ross. William MacKenzie was christened on 20 December 1799 in Kilmuir Easter.

William MacKenzie

(before 1791 - )
     William MacKenzie was born before 1791 in Ross & Cromarty. William was a mason in 1841..
     William MacKenzie appeared on the 1841 census in Munlochy, Kilmuir Easter, Ross & Cromarty. William McKenzie, aged 50, mason, living with Donald & Sarah McKamy, 33 & 45; Ann Bremner 12, Margaret McRae 80, Thomas Ross 33, Wiliam McKenzie 25, Daniel Mckenzie 22.

William MacKenzie

(before 1816 - )
     William MacKenzie was born before 1816 in Ross & Cromarty. William was a mason in 1841..
     William MacKenzie appeared on the 1841 census in Munlochy, Kilmuir Easter, Ross & Cromarty. William McKenzie, aged 25, mason, living with Donald & Sarah McKamy, 33 & 45; Ann Bremner 12, Margaret McRae 80, Thomas Ross 33, Wiliam McKenzie 50, Daniel Mckenzie 22.

William MacKenzie

(circa 1829 - )
     William MacKenzie was born circa 1829 in Kilmuir Easter, Ross & Cromarty. He was the son of Isabella Unknown.
     William MacKenzie was recorded on the 1851 census in Barbaraville, Kilmuir Easter, Ross & Cromarty. Isabell McKenzie 57, son William McKenzie 22, born Kilmuir, mason.

William MacKenzie

(before 1775 - )
     William MacKenzie married Christian Fowler. William MacKenzie was born before 1775.

Child of William MacKenzie and Christian Fowler

William Alan MacKenzie

     William Alan MacKenzie married Myra Kent Willams, daughter of Richard Williams and Sarah Bland, in 1919.

William Bannan MacKenzie

(12 April 1929 - 23 September 2005)
     William Bannan MacKenzie was born on 12 April 1929 in Yarram, Victoria. He was the son of Robert George Ferguson MacKenzie and Ethel Maud Hulley.
     William Bannan MacKenzie lived at 95 Schotters Rooad, Mernda, Victoria, 1992.
     William died on 23 September 2005 in Victoria, aged 76.
     His will was proved on 21 December 2005 at Victoria.

William Frederick MacKenzie

(29 November 1918 - )
     William Frederick MacKenzie was born on 29 November 1918 in Malvern, Victoria. He was the son of Donald Thomson MacKenzie and Lily Hannah Attenborough.
     William Frederick MacKenzie lived at 2/7 Lardner Rd, Frankston, Victoria, 1982.

William Hodgson MacKenzie

(1870 - 8 April 1969)
     They went to live at Eilean Donan after their marriage in 1911. Many of the old trees that exist today in the garden near Tarra Valley were planted around that time. In the early 1920s they moved to a family property at Won Wron called Calrossie. Amy was an amateur filmaker and there still exists 16 mm footage of life at Calrossie. Amy & Bill travelled widely during their married life, including many overseas trips. In the late 1930s they returned to Eilean Donan to stay permanently... [The Garden at Eilean Donan by Jim Sinclair & Carlo de Angelis, Gippsland Heritage journal no.13 (1992) pp.51-53].
     Their home is now a guest house run by his brother's grandaughter, Anthea Albert.. William Hodgson MacKenzie was born in 1870 in Gippsland, Victoria. He was the son of Donald Thomson MacKenzie and Mary Ann Hodgson.
     William was registered at Won Wron, on the from 1903 to 1931 electoral roll. He travelled with Donald Thomson MacKenzie. William was a grazier in 'Eilean Donan', Yarram, Victoria, from 1911.
     William Hodgson MacKenzie married Amy Annie Davidson in 1911 in Victoria.
     William and Amy were registered as a farmer & home duties at Tarra Valley, Victoria, on the 1919 electoral roll.
     William was registered as a farmer at Yarram, on the 1934 electoral roll.
     William was registered as a farmer at 'Calrossie', Yarram, on the between 1935 and 1936 electoral roll.
     William was registered as a farmer of Tarra Valley at Alberton, on the 1949 electoral roll.
     William was registered as a farmer at 'Eilan Donan', Tarra Valley, Victoria, on the 1954 electoral roll.
     William was registered as holding house & land in Pt Albert, grazier at 'Eilan Donan', Tarra Valley, on the 1956 electoral roll.
     William was registered as a farmer of Tarra Valley at Alberton, on the 1960 electoral roll.
     William was registered as William Hodgson McKenzie, grazier at Yarram, on the 1966 electoral roll.
     William died on 8 April 1969 in Yarram, Victoria. He was cremated on 10 April 1969 in The Necropolis, Springvale.

William MacKenzie jr

(before 1765 - )
     William was a fisher, in Kilmuir Easter, Ross & Cromarty, Scotland. He was born before 1765 in Kilmuir Easter, ROC, SCT.
     William MacKenzie jr married Ann MacKenzie on 16 December 1784 in Kilmuir Easter, ROC, SCT. William was present at John MacKenzie's christening on 6 March 1788 in Kilmuir Easter, Ross & Cromarty. William was present at Catherine MacKenzie's christening in July 1790 in Kilmuir Easter, ROC, SCT.

Children of William MacKenzie jr and Ann MacKenzie

William Mackay MacKenzie

(20 November 1871 - 4 August 1952)
Don Alexander, William Mackay & George MacKenzie
     William Mackay MacKenzie was born on 20 November 1871 in Cromarty, Ross & Cromarty, Scotland. He was the son of Alexander Holm MacKenzie and Isabella MacKay. Robert, Janet, Donald, William, John and James were listed as the children of Alexander Holm MacKenzie in the 1881 census in 4 Barclay St, Cromarty. William, Robert, John, Janet, James and George were listed as the children of Alexander Holm MacKenzie in the 1891 census in 4 Barkly St, Cromarty, Ross & Cromarty.
     Mr W Mackay Mackenzie, who is receiving the degree of Doctor of Literature from the University of Edinburgh, is native of Cromarty. He was a master of Glasgow Academy from 1897 till 1913. In the latter year he was appointed secretary to the Royal Commission.
     William Mackay MacKenzie and Janet Grace Mackay MacKenzie appeared on the 1901 census in 20 Wilton Gardens, Kelvinside, Glasgow, Lanarkshire. William MacKay MacKenzie, 29, head, born Cromarty, teacher of English, with Janet Grace MacKenzie, aged 22.
     William Mackay MacKenzie married Isabella Jane MacKenzie on 10 April 1902 in the Free Presbyterian Church, Stornaway, Inverness-shire.
     His portrait was painted by David Foggie in 1914. It is now held in the National Gallery of Scotland. William Mackay MacKenzie was the informant at the death of Alexander Holm MacKenzie, on 19 July 1915.
     William Mackay MacKenzie lived at 21 Dalrymple Crescent, Edinburgh, 19 July 1915. William was an historian and archaeologist. He was Secretary of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland for 22 years and a notable historian and archaeologist. He was the subject of a talk by the RCAHMS in Nov 1998: Cromarty's history Man, Dr William Mackay Mackenzie 1872-1952. He wrote: Cromarty, its old chapels and parish church published Edinbrugh, Scottish Ecclesiastical Society, 1905 and Hugh Miller, London, Hodder & Stoughton, 1905 and 'The old sheriffdom of Cromarty' reprinted from the Northern chronicle, Inverness which was published in Transactions of the Gaelic Society of Inverness, 30 (1924) pp 329-59j and 'The Royal burgh of Cromarty and the breaking of the burgh' in Transactions of the Gaelic Society of Inverness, 31 (1927) pp 289-325.
     In 1925-1926 he was Rhind lecturer in Archaeology at Edinburgh University and during the Second World War acted as head of the department of Ancient Scottish History. In 1942 he was appointed to be a member of the Commission where he had formerly been Secretary. He was a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London (FSA) and was made an honorary Doctor of Laws in 1949 at Edinburgh. As well as writing on medieval history, he published a major edition of Dunbar's poems..
     William Mackay MacKenzie lived at 8 Cargill Tce, Leith, Midlothian, 1935.
     He was also an author, poet and journalist, having 50 titles in the National Library of Scotland. He was supposedly related to Compton MacKenzie and Eric Linklater. See also http://www.ambaile.org.uk/en/literary-landscapes/intermediate.jsp?LiteraryLandscapeID=94 and http://www.nationalgalleries.org/collection/artists-a-z/F/3292/artist_name/David%20Foggie/record_id/23611.
     William Mackay MacKenzie lived at Calrossie, Cromarty, 1952.
     William died on 4 August 1952 in the Northern Infirmary, Inverness, aged 80. He was described as an historian and archaeologist at his death. He was buried in the Gaelic churchyard (new section), Cromarty. In loving memory of William Mackay Mackenzie, MA, D. Litt, LLd, who died on 4 th August 1952 aged 80. Isabella Jane Mackenzie his loving wife who followed him on 14th Janauary 1955 aged 85. Also of his sister Janet Grace who died on 31st August 1952 aged 74. "Goodnight beloved, not farewell."

William Noble MacKenzie

(6 September 1895 - 17 November 1988)
     William Noble MacKenzie was born on 6 September 1895.
     William Noble MacKenzie married Vera Alice Ellen Coxedge, daughter of Albert Cocksedge and Ada Ellen Moorfield, on 24 December 1928 in Victoria.
     William died on 17 November 1988 aged 93.

William Weston MacKenzie

(13 December 1879 - 9 January 1969)
     William Weston MacKenzie was born on 13 December 1879 in Macks Creek, Won Wron, Victoria. He was the elder of the twins, but is named second in his father's will. He was the son of William MacKenzie and Lily Weston.
     William was registered as William McKenzie, junior, labourer at Won Wron, on the 1903 electoral roll. William was a farmer in Macks Creek, Won Wron.
     William Weston MacKenzie married Daisy May King in 1920 in Victoria. Daisy arrived in the area to teach piano and singing to Molly McKenzie and her sisters Jean and Annie.
     William was registered as William jr., farmer, owner of and at Bulga, with 1 vote at Macks Creek, Won Wron, Victoria, on the 1934 electoral roll.
     William was registered as a farmer at Macks Creek, Won Wron , on the 1949 electoral roll.
     William was registered as a farmer at Macks Creek, Won Wron , on the 1954 electoral roll.
     William was registered as a farmer at Macks Creek, Won Wron , on the 1960 electoral roll.
     William was registered as William McKenzie, jr., farmer at Macks Creek, on the 1966 electoral roll.
     William died on 9 January 1969 in Macks Creek, Won Wron , aged 89. He was buried on 10 January 1969 in Yarram.

Mary Mackey

     Mary Mackey married Patrick Colbert.

Child of Mary Mackey and Patrick Colbert

Alfred Mackglew

(14 March 1838 - June 1891)
     Alfred Mackglew was born on 14 March 1838 in 4 Baldwin St, Clerkenwell, St Luke RD. He was the son of William John Mackglew and Eliza Whitbread.
     Alfred Mackglew appeared on the 1841 census in the household of William John Mackglew and Eliza Whitbread in 7 Queens Head Walk, Shoreditch, London. Eliza, Frederick, Louisa, Alfred, Josiah and Martha were listed as the children of William John Mackglew in the 1851 census in 41 Ely Place, St Leonard Shoreditch, Tower Hamlets, Middlesex. Alfred was a housepainter & decorator.
     Alfred Mackglew married Eliza Charlotte Carter on 16 July 1865 in St Philip's church, Bethnal Green, London.
     Alfred Mackglew and Eliza Charlotte Carter appeared on the 1871 census in 133 St Johns Rd, Shoreditch, Middlesex. Alfred McClew, head, 31, house painter, born Shoreditch; his wife Eliza, 20, dress maker, born Lambeth, Surrey, daughter Roselin, 5, son Arthur 6 months, both born at Shoreditch, and a lodger Sarah Carter, 18, dress maker, born Shoreditch.
     Alfred Mackglew and Eliza Charlotte Carter appeared on the 1881 census in 2 Great James St, Shoreditch, London. Alfred McClew, married, 43, born Clerkenwell, Middlesex. Head, Journeyman house decorator; Eliza McClew, 32, born Southwark, Surrey, Wife, Dressmaker; Arthur McClew, 10, born Shoreditch, Son, scholar; Florence McClew, 8, born Shoreditch, daughter, scholar; Alice McClew, 5, born Shoreditch, daughter, scholar.
     Alfred's death was registered in the quarter ending in June 1891 in Hackney.

Children of Alfred Mackglew and Eliza Charlotte Carter

Alfred James Mackglew

(March 1849 - )
     Alfred James Mackglew's birth was registered in the quarter ending in March 1849 in Clapham, Wandsworth RD, Surrey. He was the son of Robert Mackglew and Elizabeth Wilkinson. Elizabeth, Mary, Martha, John, Lydia and Alfred were listed as the children of Robert Mackglew in the 1851 census in 7 Bedford Row, Clapham, Surrey.
     Alfred James Mackglew married Fanny Emmeline Elton circa February 1870 in St Mary Magdalene, Munster Square, London, Pancras RD, Middlesex.
     Alfred James Mackglew and Fanny Emmeline Elton appeared on the 1871 census in 1 Augustus Square, St Pancras, London. Alfred J McGlew, 23? tea broker, born Clapham, Surrey; his wife Fanny E, aged 26, born Worster? Worcestershire; daughter [sic] Michael C, aged 5 months, born Highgate, Mdx along with Henry B Tidy, solicitors clerk and his family.      
Alfred James Mackglew emigrated from England in 1872 to New York, USA.
     Alfred James Mackglew lived at Bay Ridge, Kings county, New York, 1887.
     Alfred James Mackglew was naturalized on 24 June 1887 in New York. He was an English merchant.
     Alfred James Mackglew was found on a passenger list dated December 1912. Alfred J McGlew, aged 60, married, embarked at Kobe, Japan with 4 pieces of baggage on the steamship "China" on a trip to Hawaii and returning to Kobe.

Children of Alfred James Mackglew and Fanny Emmeline Elton

Alfred William Mackglew

(25 June 1826 - before 29 May 1827)
     Alfred William Mackglew was christened on 25 June 1826 in St Mary, Lambeth, Surrey. He was the son of Daniel Mackglew and Eliza Unknown (Mackglew).
     Alfred died before 29 May 1827 in Bermondsey, Surrey. He was buried on 29 May 1827 in St Mary Magdalene, Bermondsey. Alfred McGlew of Smith's Buildings, aged 1 year, 3 months.

Alice Mackglew

(September 1875 - )
     Alice Mackglew's birth was registered in the quarter ending in September 1875 in London, Shoreditch RD. She was the daughter of Alfred Mackglew and Eliza Charlotte Carter. Arthur, Florence and Alice were listed as the children of Alfred Mackglew in the 1881 census in 2 Great James St, Shoreditch, London.
     Alice Mackglew married Charles James Holland on 4 September 1902 in West Hackney church, Hackney West, London.

Amelia Mackglew

(circa 1 January 1835 - before 15 February 1835)
     Amelia Mackglew was born circa 1 January 1835.
     Amelia died before 15 February 1835 in London. She was buried on 15 February 1835 in St Giles Without Cripplegate, London.