Charlotte George

(26 February 1775 - )
     Charlotte George was christened on 26 February 1775 in St Thomas, Portsmouth, Hampshire. She was the daughter of George George and Elizabeth (?).
     Charlotte George married Martin Wellstead on 2 September 1811 in St Mary, Portsea, Hampshire.

Child of Charlotte George and Martin Wellstead

Mr Bernard MacKenzie

(1657 - 30 July 1713)
     He taught Greek and Latin for 4 years at Fortrose, was next ordained by the Bishop of Ross and presented to the Episcopal Church of Cromarty, where, after a variety of fortunes, he died. Mr Bernard MacKenzie was born in 1657 He was the fifth son of Captain Daniel McKenzie and Nance Dunbar of Avoch, and grandson of Major Bernard McKenzie, who fell at Auldearn 9 May 1645; had a bursary from the Presbytery of Dingwall 2 Nov 1674, was sent to King's College, Aberdeen, by Kenneth, Earl of Seaforth, who appointed him schoolmaster of Fortrose, ordained by Bishop of Ross, pres. to this charge 2nd July and adm. Aug. 1678; deprived by the Act restoring Presbyterian ministers 25th April 1690. In the year 1689 with other Episcopal ministers he petitioned King William, complaining that although they had taken the oath of allegiance, they were deprived of their benefices and denied admission to
parishes to which they had been elected. He intruded at Tranent in 1691 but was ordered by Parliament, 9th July 1695, to remove by August. Dr George Mackenzie states that he received from King William a yearly pension of 50 as collector of the rents of the bishopric of Ross. He appears as chamberlain of the bishopric before 1700 and held that post for several years. Hugh Miller observes that he " was a quiet, timid sort of man with little force of character, but what served his turn equally well, a good deal of cunning," a character not borne out by established facts. He purchased the estate of Sandilands ; died there 30th July 1713 and was buried at Fortrose. He marries Jean, daughter of Alexander Clunes of Dunskeath, and had issue Alexander of Sandilands and Kinnock, M.D., born 1678, died 26th Sept. 1722; George in Cromarty; John, shipmaster, Cromarty; Lilias (marr. Andrew Bayne in Cromarty) ; Anna, bapt. 23rd Nov. 1683. [Acts of Parl., ix., 423, App., 119; Services of Heirs; Dr George Mackenzie s MS. History of the Mackenzies ; Allangrange Writs ; Inverness Sas., vi., 345 ; Covenanters in Moray and Ross, 190.]
. He was the son of Capt Daniel MacKenzie and Nance Dunbar.
     Bernard Mackenzie was the parish minister from 1674 to 1690 (other sources state he was appointed in August 1678). He acquired or built Sandilands House which became known as Townlands in the 19th century and was until recently used as a barn. It had worn Mackenzie arms over the door. Townlands Barn is situated in an area once known as Sandilands which belonged to the Clunes family. It is thought to be the earliest surviving house in Cromarty, and may have been built for Bernard Mackenzie and Jean Clunes/Clynes who married c 1680 and had a daughter Anna baptised on 23 Nov 1683 or it may have been an earlier house which Mackenzie bought from the Clunes. He was described by Hugh Miller as a quiet, timid sort of man. Bernard at Cromarty, Ross & Cromarty, between 1678 and 1690.
     Mr Bernard MacKenzie married Jean Clunes before 1683.
     Bernard died on 30 July 1713. He was buried at Fortrose..

Children of Mr Bernard MacKenzie and Jean Clunes

Child of Mr Bernard MacKenzie

Henrik Jensen

     Henrik Jensen was born in Brenderup, Odense, Fyn, Denmark.